Comparison between Cleanroom and Cleanroom Cabins: Hardwall and Softball
Cleanroom is a controlled environment technology, which is essential to attain a high level cleanliness. Cleanroom is used in almost every manufacturing unit where cleanliness is of utmost importance like R&D units involving chemicals and medicines, biotech and much more.
Clean rooms are used to keep the closed environment free from any small particles which can have an adverse impact on the hygiene and quality of the products manufactured. It aids in reducing the contamination caused by the particles. HEPA filter or High Efficiency Particulate Air Filter is one of the most important component of a clean room that reduces particles which are 0.3 micron and larger in size.
To attain utmost cleanliness, it is of extreme importance to get the application of the technology right. For this, you need to have an optimal design and construction that you can begin by identifying the right materials as per your requirements. One of the most important part of the cleanroom technology are the walls of your clean room. It act as a barrier and keep the manufacturing unit or any room with cleanroom technology free from any particles.
Cleanrooms or Clean room cabins can be realised in different ways and can support either hardwall or softwall structure. So, let’s first understand what are hardwall and softwall cleanrooms and which one should you prefer.
What is Hardwall Clean Room?
Hardwall clean rooms helps in holding higher pressure in comparison to softwall clean room options. Hardwell clean rooms enclose the rooms completely and supports vents to exhaust air, which prevents in particulate intrusion. If you want to have temperature, humidity and pressure control, then you should opt for a hardwall clean room system.
The hardwall cleanroom construction system is essential to attain ultra-clean environments such as ISO class 5 – 6 clean zones. The ISO Class 5 & 6 needs a higher level of control to achieve best in class cleanliness levels. With the bright and durable finish, hardwall clean room structures are an attractive option for ISO class 7 – 8 cleanrooms.
Benefits of Using Hardwall Clean Room
- Hardwall clean room structures are robust in nature and are impact resistant & durable
- It is an easy to clean structure and supports a durable finish which is easy to maintain as well
- The hardwall clean room structure enables outside light in the clean room which is best for ambient working conditions
- You can even customize your hardwall clean room structure with your logo printed on the panels
- It enables the external staff to oversee the internal cleanroom processes
Who Should Opt for Hardwall Clean Rooms?
Hardwall Clean rooms are best suitable for:
- All sizes of cleanrooms
- ISO Class 5-8 cleanrooms
- Mini-environments (you can make an ultra-clean environment in an existing cleanroom)
- Medical device manufacturing, biotech, life science and many more applications
What is Softwall Clean Room?
Softwall clean rooms are enclosed, controlled environment, which are specifically designed for seamless functionality and reduced cost while not compromising on the benefits of the modular clean rooms. If you want a clean room for a purpose, which needs an enclosed, controlled atmosphere or environment then you should opt for a softwall cleanroom.
Softroom cleanrooms supports a tent like structure, which are light in weight and easy to use and assemble. A softroom panel can be easily installed by hanging them from the ceiling of your building or as freestanding structures. These panels are ideal clean room structures for controlling dust particles, sound control, and ensuring safety. These are available in any size or variety of International Organisation for Standardization (ISO). cleanliness classifications. Not only this, softwall cleanroom is a better option if you want frequent expansion and speedy construction.
Benefits of Using Softwall Clean Room
- Softwall Clean Rooms are self-closing and helps in ensuring keeping the room clean from any dust particles
- Softwall clean rooms are budget friendly and economical
- It enables the external staff to maintain a sight on the internal cleanroom processes
- It is perfect for full or part-coverage of machinery
Types of Softwall Cleanrooms
Following are the two types of softwall cleanroom structures or panels available in India:
Who Should Opt for Softwall Clean Rooms?
Softwall Clean rooms are best suitable for:
- All sizes of cleanrooms
- ISO Class 7-8 cleanrooms
- Mobile cleanrooms (can be moved to different production areas easily)
- Mini-environments (it can help create an ultra-clean environment in any existing cleanroom)
Cleanroom Comparison: Hardwall vs. Softwall
|Basis of Comparison||Hardwall Cleanroom||Softwall Cleanroom|
|Material||Prefabricated, demountable wall systems||Flexible, vinyl curtains|
|Features||Stable, private||Portable enclosure in any size|
|Cost||Higher Cost in comparison to Softwall||Budget friendly and economical|
|Purpose||Highest level of control keeping airborne contaminants out||Coverage for safety to contain dust and sound|
What Should You Choose – Hardwall or Softwall?
There are several factors that you need to take into consideration before concluding what to choose between the two. The type of wall you opt for also decides the degree of cleanliness and airborne particulate or dust particles that one can avoid. If you want a cleanroom with utmost cleanliness, then hardwall is the answer to your question.